Tuesday 25 January 2011

La Haine

Just bought the film La Haine (after seeing a tattoo of a quote from it). I am excited to watch it, because the last time I watched it, I was 18 and my French wasn't all that great. I guess I understood maybe...45% then, and I want to know how much I'm going to understand this time. Given that it's about three guys from the banlieues who speak crazy slang French, I'm not overly hopeful that I'll understand it all, but it'll be good to see how much I actually do.

The tattoo, incidentally, was of the quote 'jusqu'ici, tout va bien' which is something that Vince quotes the whole way through the film. I like the quote, even though it means nothing to me (it means 'so far, so good'), just because of the way he says it.

2 comments:

  1. and clearly it sounds cooler in french x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's from a cartoon of a man falling off a building, and as he passes each floor he says 'jusqu'ici, tout va bien'...pretty funny, really, but yeah...don't ask me how I know that. Also, you can clean tea stains from a mug with toothpaste. Beep boop, fact robot out, beep boop!

    ReplyDelete